STAKEHOLDER MEETING AGENDA
TUESDAY, AUGUST 14, 2012
Port of Los Angeles High School
250 W. 5th Street, San Pedro, CA
6:00 p.m. Refreshments; 6:30 p.m. Call to Order & Roll Call
1. Call to Order and Roll Call.
2. President’s Report
i. Appoint Representative to ACE (Arts, Culture & Entertainment) District.
ii. Appoint Liaison to PBID (San Pedro Historic Waterfront Business Improvement District).
iii. Appoint Representative to Community Police Advisory Board.
3. Public Safety:
a. LAPD: Sgt. Plows Presentation (10 min)
b. Report from Police Community Advisory Committee (Leslie Jones)
c. Presentation: Presentation on LADOT Safety Signs by Eric Wright (5 min)
4. CD 15 List of Issues: Update from Andrew Silber
a. Motion to change CD15 ad hoc committee to standing committee (Action Item)
b. Motion to approve letter to CD 15 regarding signage designation of San Pedro’s Cultural Arts District (James Allen)(Action Item)
c. Update from CD 15’s Economic Development and Planning Director Alison Becker on various land use issues incl. parking lot maintenance, signage, sidewalk repair, kiosk at plaza park, street tree plan etc. (15 min)
5. Port Committee:
a. Committee recommendations on comments to be submitted on Port of LA Master Plan. (Action Item)
b. Presentation of Rancho LPG 12 minute DVD.
6. Reports from Public Officials (Congresswoman’s Office, Mayor’s Office, Port of Los Angeles)
7. Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items (see *Note on Page 2)
8. Motion to Support Westchester Town Center Neighborhood Council Re: Health Regulation Changes for Food Trucks (possible action item)
9. Land Use Planning Committee Report (Sue Castillo)
a. Update on Proposed Gas Station at 311 N. Gaffey
b. Motion Re: Letter of support for Off the Vine Wine’s application for new permit for expanded area.
c. Motion Re: Keep LA Beautiful Grant: “Central SPNC to authorize the submittal of a grant application to the City of Los Angeles for the “Keep Los Angeles Beautiful” grant opportunity for the installation of a parklet on the west side of Centre Street between 6th & 7th Streets. Furthermore, the Central SPNC shall set aside up to $4,000 as the matching funds needed to receive the grant.”
d. Motion to approve change in Committee name from Land Use Planning Committee name to Land Use Planning & Public Works Committee
10. Finance Committee:
a. Approval of monthly expenses (Action Item)
b. Update on DONE’s Election costs
c. Motion to assign two signators for the Purchase Card (Action Item)
11. Outreach Committee Report (Marcey Abrons)
12. PCAC (Port Community Advisory Committee): No action items. No meeting in August.
13. HANC (Harbor Alliance of Neighborhood Councils) Report: (Allyson Vought)
a. Update on Neighborhood Prosecutor Issue
14. ACE District (Arts, Culture, and Entertainment) Report (Linda Alexander)
15. Approval of Minutes of July 10, 2012 Board and Stakeholder Meeting (Action Item)
*NOTE: (1) Public comments (on non-agenda items) are limited to 3 minutes each. Members of the public are
further entitled to speak on any agenda item following the presentation of that item for three minutes. (2) The
Central San Pedro Neighborhood Council may adopt positions by resolution on any of the above items.
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not
discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure
equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assisted listening
devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of
services please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting by contacting