Defining Our Direction
Strategic Planning Retreat Agenda
Saturday Sept. 29, 2012
10:00am – 2:30pm
Purpose: to bring the Central NC Board members together to discuss and review priorities which can direct our policies, project funding, and outreach activities.
9:30- 10:00 Coffee and pastries
1. (10:05am) Welcome and self Intros – Linda Alexander
2. (10:15am) Outline and goals for the day, Review the agenda
a. Listen to others and be civil in the discussion.
b. Respect people’s time, keep comments brief.
c. Remember that you are all leaders
d. Look for solutions to problems, not just problems with no solutions
- James Preston Allen
e. Write down your three goals for the retreat
3. (10:30am) Public Comments, limited to 3 minutes per speaker
4. (10:45am) Guest Speaker Greg Nelson – Challenges and directions for
Neighborhood Councils – introduced by James Preston Allen
4b. (11:05am) Question and Answer – 20 minutes
5. (11:25am) Funding of programs by Central SP NC over the years.
a. Who and what we’ve invested in since 2002– Carrie Scoville
6. (12:00noon) Present list of motions/resolutions/ letters/ years. – James Allen
a. Presentation of several years of funding to demonstrate our priorities.
7. Review – 30-45 minutes
12:45- 1:15 Lunch -30 minutes
8. Are these still priorities? If so, let’s group them. Consider combinations which go together logically. James Allen to facilitate group discussion of strategic planning (1:20pm-2:00pm)
9. Synthesis – policies, project funding and outreach – what are the three to five top goals for our council in 2012-13 fiscal year.