STAKEHOLDER MEETING AGENDA
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2012
Port of Los Angeles High School
250 W. 5th Street, San Pedro, CA
6:00 p.m. Refreshments; 6:30 p.m. Call to Order & Roll Call
1. Call to Order and Roll Call.
2. President’s Report:
a. Update on NC Presidents Meeting with Councilman Joe Buscaino.
b. Update on San Pedro Holiday Parade
3. Board vote to fill vacant board seat. The Board will vote to appoint one of the two candidates who submitted applications by the October 30, 2012 deadline for the vacant board position. (Action Item)
4. Presentations: Presentation by Enci Box on use of social media for neighborhood council outreach and potential website enhancements.
5. Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items (See *Note on page 3)
6. Public Safety:
a. LAPD Report (Senior Lead Officer Nua)
b. Report from Police Community Advisory Committee (Leslie Jones)
7. Port of Los Angeles Report (Augie Bezmalinovich)
8. Port Committee (Frank Anderson)
a. Front Street Update including timeline for Removal of Pipes and tree planting.
b. Front Street Improvement Motion (Action Item)
c. Removal of billboards on Port Property Pacific Avenue from Front Street to Channel.
(Possible Action Item)
d. Report from Meeting held with Port Representative, Cynthia Ruiz, and Neighborhood Council Presidents. (James Allen)
9. PCAC (Port Community Advisory Committee) (Carrie Scoville):
a. Motion to instruct PCAC Representative how to vote on the following PCAC Recommendation: The Wilmington Waterfront Development Subcommittee (WWD) supports a minimum 3 year lease extension agreement, with a 45 day option to extend as needed, between the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power (LA DWP) and Valero for the two tanks. (Action Item)
10. Council District 15 Office (Kevin Bingham)
11. CD 15 Issues Committee Report: (Andrew Silber)
a. Update on Parking Meter Change of Pricing.
b. Discuss Removal of Kiosk at 6th and Mesa. (Potential Action Item)
c. Pursue a water Taxi service from San Pedro to neighboring communities. (Potential Action Item)
d. Thank You to CD 15 for assistance in getting removal of brush in gully off 13th Street.
e. Sidewalk repair issue.
f. Overview of reporting code violations.
12. City Council Motions: (James Allen)
a. Discuss and consider possible action item on City Council File 12-1681 and the recent City Council motion being considered regarding potential policy changes whereby neighborhood councils might exercise their right to petition for boundary changes.
b. Discuss and consider possible action item on City Council File 12-1682 and the recent City Council motion being considered regarding Stakeholder Affirmation by Factual Basis. (Possible Action Item)
13. Consider Motion Re: Neighborhood Council Involvement in policies and practices of LA City Departments (James Allen): Be it resolved, that it is in the inherent interest of the City of Los Angeles to have the involvement of the L.A. Harbor Area Neighborhood Councils, that have been chartered by the people, in the policies and practices of the various departments of this city, particularly those of the Los Angeles Harbor Department. (Action Item)
14. Reports from other Public Officials:
a. Congresswoman’s Office (Michael Aguilera)
b. State Representatives (If any)
c. Mayor’s Office (Ricardo Hong)
15. Land Use Planning Committee Report (Sue Castillo)
• Address the following action items:
a. Adoption of the recommendations for the redevelopment of Ports O’Call as set forth in the Urban Land Institute’s 2008 white paper on this subject, or portions thereof, as approved by the Central SPNC Land Use Planning and Public Works Committee.
b. Motion to encumber up to $400 to be used for stipends this fiscal year to engage intern(s) from Marymount College to work on specific projects for this council.
c. Authorize corrections and comments on the San Pedro Community Plan Section 4.13, Public Transit Services, to be sent to the City of Los Angeles Planning Department.
d. Request that our Outreach Committee prepare to reproduce the San Pedro Community Plan’s full-color public transit map for distribution to the community as a public service and NC outreach tool, and forward an estimate for printing and distributing this document to our Finance Committee for final NC action.
e. Request that Councilman Buscaino include Central San Pedro Neighborhood Council Board representation in the task force that will design the Lillian Fierman Walkway Improvement.
f. Authorize a letter to be sent to Councilman Buscaino regarding the disposition of parking meter poles that no longer support meters.
g. Authorize a letter to be sent to Councilman Buscaino regarding committee recommendations to improve one or more bus stops in our NC area
• Update on Keep Los Angeles Beautiful Grant Project
16. Finance Committee: (Annette McDonald)
a. Approval of monthly expenditures (Action Item)
17. Outreach Committee Report (Marcey Abrons)
a. Outreach Committee Update
b. Motion to approve an agreement with Enci Box Photography and Web Design to replace Katie Peraudeau who was voted upon at the September Board Meeting and is no longer available. Agreement with Enci Box is for expanding the Central SPNC’s outreach to stakeholders through enhancement of the website, Facebook Page and social media avenues for a 6 month trial at a cost not to exceed $3,000. (Action Item)
18. HANC (Harbor Alliance of Neighborhood Councils) Report: (Allyson Vought)
a. Consider approval of a resolution requesting that the Planning Department provide a 90 day review period for all Draft Environmental Impact Reports.
b. Consider approval of a resolution requesting that the Planning Department provide a copy of Mitigated Negative Declaration to the affected Neighborhood Council and extend the comment time from 20 days to at least 90 days.
c. Motion Re: Authority of HANC representative (James Allen)
19. ACE District (Arts, Culture, and Entertainment) Report (Pat Carroll)
20. Approval of Minutes of October 9, 2012 Board and Stakeholder Meeting (Action Item)
*NOTE: (1) Public comments (on non-agenda items) are limited to 3 minutes each. Members of the public are further entitled to speak on any agenda item following the presentation of that item for three minutes. (2) The Central San Pedro Neighborhood Council may adopt positions by resolution on any of the above items.
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assisted listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting by contacting (213) 978-1551.