STAKEHOLDER MEETING AGENDA
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2013
Port of Los Angeles High School
250 W. 5th Street, San Pedro, CA
6:00 p.m. Refreshments; 6:30 p.m. Call to Order & Roll Call
1. Call to Order and Roll Call.
2. President’s Report (Linda Alexander)
a. Resignation of Board Member Annette McDonald and Announcement of vacant board seat.
3. Approval of motions from Ad Hoc Committee Re: Policies for President’s Meetings and Representatives to Outside Organizations (Action Items):
a. Motion Re: CSPNC Policy on President’s Meetings:
In order to facilitate communication the President of the Council may be invited to attend President’s meetings with elected officials or City departments. The President may attend these meetings or send an alternate as needed. It is recommended that at least two (2) Board members attend such meetings. Any commitments to be made on behalf of the Council must be referred to the full Council for approval at a Stakeholder meeting. A report on each meeting shall be given at the next Stakeholder meeting.
b. Motion Re: CSPNC Policy on Representatives to Outside Organizations:
Outside organizations may invite the Council to appoint a representative to attend meetings and vote on matters of interest to Council stakeholders. The Council may appoint representatives as needed at a Stakeholder meeting. Whenever possible, votes cast on behalf of the Council shall first be referred to the full Council for approval at a Stakeholder meeting. In the case of an emergency item the representatives shall be allowed to cast votes as needed, but they must report back to the Council on how they voted at the next Stakeholder meeting. A report on each meeting shall be given at the next Stakeholder meeting.
c. These motions shall take effect immediately as Standing Rules, and be referred to the CSPNC By-Laws Committee for review and placement in the next By-Laws update.
4. Public Safety:
a. LAPD Report (Senior Lead Officer Nua)
b. Report from Police Community Advisory Committee (Leslie Jones)
5. Report from Mayor’s Office (Ricardo Hong)
6. Report from Congresswoman’s Office (Michael Aguilera)
7. Port of Los Angeles Report (Augie Bezmalinovich)
8. Port Committee Report (Frank Anderson)
a. Motion Re: Request to Board of Harbor Commissioners to consider evening meetings, especially when addressing issues regarding waterfront planning/development (Action Item)
9. PCAC (Port Community Advisory Committee) Report (Carrie Scoville)
10. CD 15 Issues Committee Report (Andrew Silber)
a. Cat Population Issue at 571-573 W. Upland: Discuss and approve submitting a Community
Impact Statement requesting that the City draft an ordinance. (Possible Action Item) February 12, 2013 Agenda Page 2 of 2
b. Neighborhood Prosecutor: Update (Allyson Vought)
c. MOJO Public Art Piece at 7th & Center: Update (Allyson Vought)
11. Council District 15 Office (Kevin Bingham)
a. Update on status of Kiosk and Parking Meter Poles
b. Update on status of Traffic Light at 11th & Gaffey
c. Update on current performance of ATSAC system in San Pedro.
12. Closure of Courthouses:
a. Discuss issue of City’s breach of contract and consider steps necessary to open a Council File (Action Item)
b. Review and approve Letter requesting the City Attorney to review the legal documents that promised the San Pedro area a “court house” prior to being annexed to the city in 1909. (Action Item)
13. Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items (See *Note below)
14. Land Use Planning Report (Sue Castillo).
a. Review and approve Letter to Mayor Re: Redevelopment of Ports O’Call. (Action Item)
b. Review and approve Letter to DOT Re: Improving Center Street sidewalk. (Action Item)
c. Review and approve Letter to DOT Re: Adjusting the San Pedro DASH route. (Action Item)
15. Finance Committee:
a. Approval of monthly expenditures (Action Item)
16. Budget Advocate Report: Update on Mayor’s Survey
17. Outreach Committee Report (Marcey Abrons)
a. Appointment of new Outreach Chair (Action Item)
b. Website Update
18. Standards and Practices Committee through BONC (Allyson Vought)
a. Sunshine Ordinances
b. Factual Basis Stakeholder
c. Create Ad Hoc Committee
19. HANC (Harbor Alliance of Neighborhood Councils) Report (Allyson Vought)
20. ACE District (Arts, Culture, and Entertainment) Report (Pat Carroll)
21. PBID (Business Improvement District) Report
22. Approval of Minutes of January 8, 2013 Board and Stakeholder Meeting (Action Item)
23. Community Announcements:
a. Federal Funds Workshop
*NOTE: (1) Public comments (on non-agenda items) are limited to 3 minutes each. Members of the public are further entitled to speak on any agenda item following the presentation of that item for three minutes. (2) The Central San Pedro Neighborhood Council may adopt positions by resolution on any of the above items.
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assisted listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting by contacting (213) 978-1551